Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Vacation, post Christmas

Christmas day....we slept in, ate breakfast...overnight french toast...yum, then opened gifts around 10am. We had a wonderful Christmas. Here is a highlight:

A few years ago, when the Willow Tree Nativity scene came out I mentioned I wanted it. The set is out of my budget, so I was so sad it would take me forever to get each piece...until last Christmas, my sweet mother-in-law sent me this:



And this year I got this:
SOO000 excited to finally set it up!!

We also got a beautiful picture of Christ. Eddie and I have never agreed on a picture of Christ. I guess different ideas of what Christ really looked like, down to different style of frames...were weird and picky.

We saw this beauty at Costco a few weeks before Thanksgiving. We thought...o.k. we can spend all our money we budgeted on food for this month or we can get this picture of Christ and have no food. It was a tough decision, we went with the food and left sad. We even thought about signing up for the American Express from Costco but we decided that wasn't a good idea. Literally the next day my mom calls me as is like..."what do you and Eddie want for Christmas?" um, hello....coincidence...I think not! I didn't even consult with Eddie, I told her ...the picture of Christ. A few days later we had it hung on the wall.

O.k....back to the vacation....
It was seriously a Christmas day miracle....it snowed!! My kind of snow...light little flurries that only stuck to the ground for an hour or so.

Ten minutes later
"Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree"
Aren't those the cutest P.J.'s!?!
Good Morning Beautiful!


After Christmas we went to The Container Store, Crate and Barrel....two stores Utah doesn't have but needs. We also went to Powell's Book Store in downtown Portland, biggest book store ever!! We got a few books for 'the collection'...and hung around downtown the remainder of the day.

I also learned how to sew...on a sewing machine. I'm so getting one!! I brought some fabric with me, but I also went to Niki's fabric store she works at. They have the cutest fabric...and you can order online!! I made some burp clothes and attempted a tagie blankie (teething blanket for babies), O.K...here is a pic of the tagie...which one did I buy and which one did I make?

I bought the pink one and made the polka dot one. I only made one because it was hard!!

The middle blue polka dot one was my first sewing project...besides the tote bag I made in 8th grade, but we won't count that since my teacher practically did the whole thing.
At this point I decided I was addicted and had to make more!!
I initially made them for baby shower presents, but I think I am going to keep at least one of each.


Russell also beat Super Mario 3 on the Wii and the boys went to a Blazer b-ball game while the girls stayed home.

And I wonder why Eddie never smiles...it is either the perma-grin or something like this.

We had a wonderful time!! Thank you Mom and Dad B for having us!! We are excited for Kauai in February...YAY!!

No comments: