Friday, January 11, 2008

Spare time and The power of prayer

Have any spare time in between school and work and homework? Sometimes at work during slow..periods..during the day I like to make my contribution to end world hunger. Freerice.com In case you have never heard of it... for each words you get right, they donate 20 grains of rice through the United Nations to help end world hunger. It is kind of addicting, until your vocabulary levels drops and you feel dumb like me. I try to do at least 1,000 grains of rice a day, and it doesn't take very long.

Little story about the power of prayer. So, Eddie and I both had a night class last night at the same time, different schools, different subjects obviously. So, I'm sitting in my physiology lab (last class I have to take until I can apply for Nursing school) and the teacher hands out the syllabus. I almost threw up....my midterm...half the grade for that class....was scheduled for the week we will be in Kauai, laying on the beach getting a tan. I thought of course that would be my luck. I decide I feel so sick to my stomach that I need to text Eddie and let him know...so he can stress about it too :)no, not really...I just couldn't think about anything else. He wrote me back..."mine too!!" I thought oh great!! Time to say a little prayer.

By this time I am not even listening to the rules of the lab....how to pull on the shower in case you spill chemicals on yourself or how to to use the eye washer, or where to put hazardous waste, etc. So, I am done saying my silent prayer and my teacher says this, like instantly after I say amen....'Does anyone have an issue with the week of the midterm?'...(we only meet once a week).... I shot my hand up and said 'YES!!' He said 'ok, come talk to me after class'....so many thoughts going on. What will I do? Will I have to wait another semester to take this class, can I just change my lab? and if I change my lab, when will I go?

Anyways, he starts a movie on the biological clock and why we wake and sleep when we do...anyways...I couldn't stand it. Literally the movie wasn't even on a minute and I walked up to him and asked him what I should do? He said he moved the midterm up a week because his wife was due the week the midterm was originally scheduled. Hello!! Thank you for knocking your wife up!! He said that I just need to remind him the week before the midterm that I won't be there and that I can take it when I get back!! So relieved and happy my prayer was answered.

But then I remembered....oh yeah...what about Eddie's midterm? I call him when I get out of class and he too says his teacher said it shouldn't be a problem!! Can you believe it? Don't forget to pray, even for the little things...he does listen!!

4 comments:

Keith and Nicci said...

That's so awesome - I'm glad it all worked out:)

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Williamson Fam said...

That is a cool story...I'm glad its all good...love ya

Anonymous said...

I was praying for you too!