Sunday, April 20, 2008

Changes

I should be getting ready for church, but I am already ready. Having church at 9 a.m. I usually never get ready, but today some changes are taking place. Eddie and I are getting released from the singles ward this morning. I know you are not suppose to tell anyone until it happens, but I figure by the time anyone reads this, there is no turning back. Because once I turn off the computer I will be heading to the church. I kind of have mixed emotions about it. I am excited to go back to our married student ward (where most of our friends are moving out), to be involved with people our age, in the same situation. But on the other hand I am going to miss the singles. And their sweet spirits and crazy adventures, like staying up until 3 a.m. and functioning the next day. I am a firm believer that change is good, so I guess we will wait an see what our next adventure is.


*Update* The meeting was good. The couple they called are actually from our married student ward. So, we knew a few people in common. Oh, and I balled the WHOLE time. I think I just needed a good cry and it just so happen I couldn't hold my self together today. Some girls I have become close to gave me the frowny face and the silent, 'I'm gonna miss you', so I lost it. I am fine now though, in case your wondering, hahaha....I'm lame, I know!

5 comments:

Eric said...

I feel the same way about changes...it's usually a bittersweet experience if what you were doing before was a meaningful thing to you. But hey, we're sure glad to have you back in the ward!!

~Eric

vanessa said...

Hey that's exciting. Too bad we're not in the ward to welcome you back. I hope it was a good meeting. I'm sure everyone will miss you. We sure do!

Tams Family said...

Have you guys already been there for a year! My, how time flies. And don't worry about the crying thing. I find myself needing a good cry about once every three months. Call it a girl thing, but what can you do? Good luck on your new adventures! Oh, and we finally stopped being so lazy and added you to our blog. Hope you don't mind.

JamesnMeagan said...

Don't feel bad we are getting released next week so we had to talk in church and they sang "Each Soul that touches life for good". I was bawling too. It'll be good to be back in the ward though. But I totally understand the mixed feelings.

tyler and ali said...

Wow, time has flown! I'm with Eric...change is hard, but it can be good. Sometimes you're just not ready to move on!
Good luck back in the student ward. I wish we still got to see everyone from our days there!