I decided to make some gingersnaps for a guy at work. It is his birthday tomorrow and usually I make rainbow chip cupcakes. But I know he really likes gingersnaps, so I changed things up a bit this year. I found this recipe online but changed a few things. Instead of using shortening I used butter and instead of white sugar, I used brown sugar. They turned out great and are super yummy. I think Eddie had at least 8 last night.
Sift flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a mixing bowl.
Sift flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a mixing bowl.
Place butter in bowl and beat until creamy. Gradually beat in brown sugar. Beat in the egg and dark molasses. Sift 1/3 of flour mixture into butter mixture at a time.
Pinch off small amounts. Roll each ball in a cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake for 10 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees.2 cups sifted flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup cinnamon and sugar mixture
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup cinnamon and sugar mixture


1 comment:
I'm trying these tomorrow, if they ar anything like your bananna bread than i am in for a real treat...
Post a Comment