This tastes sweeter than cornbread and is so yummy!! It makes a great side dish for fajitas or any other kind of Mexican dish.. It is very similar to Chevy's Tomalito. I found the recipe on: allrecipes.com
My photography skills aren't the best...I think I need to take a class or something.
In a meduim bowl, mix together the margarine, masa harina, and sugar until light and fluffy.
My photography skills aren't the best...I think I need to take a class or something.
Sweet Corn Tomalito
5 tablespoons margarine, softened
1/4 cup masa harina (or 1/8 c. cornmeal, 1/8 c. flour)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons milk
1/4 cup masa harina (or 1/8 c. cornmeal, 1/8 c. flour)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons milk
In a meduim bowl, mix together the margarine, masa harina, and sugar until light and fluffy.
In a blender, blend one cup of the corn kernels with the water and cornmeal just until smooth. Stir into the masa mixture.
Pour into a microwavable-safe, says 8x8 glass baking dish that has a lid....but I used this white serving dish with a lid and it worked just fine.
Cover, and cook in microwave for 7 minutes at 30% power, mix, then cook an additional 4 minutes at fill power. Stir and serve!!

* For the masa harina, I just did the 1/8 c. cornmeal and the 1/8 c. flour instead of buying a 5 pound bag of masa harina. I believe it was like 4 teaspoons of each to make 1/8th....but I moved when I learned fractions so don't mark my word...measure for yourself. :)
Besides it took forever....1 teaspoon of cornmeal, 1 teaspoon of flour, 1 teaspoon of cornmeal....1 teaspoon of flour, 1 teaspoon of cornmeal...still not to the 1/4 c. line....you get the picture.

1 comment:
OOOh yummy, i want to try this...
Post a Comment