Thursday, July 3, 2008

The past few days I think we have visited every museum on BYU campus and have gone to a water park every night. The Monte Bean museum is free of charge and pretty cool for being free. They have a bunch of I assume donated animals that are stuffed. So the smell when you walk in isn't pleasant but you get over it after like 30 seconds.

Can I just say 11 year olds are awkward! He wanted to look like a bird.
This pic is for my sister in law Melia. She loves giraffes.
Like I said...awkward. But I guess we all were at that age.
I thought this was cool. It was a bunch of butterflies made up to a big butterfly.
They had Planet Earth playing which was cool to watch. They also have scavenger hunts and we actually went back a second day to do those.

We also went to the Earth Science Museum on campus, also free. This took us, oh, about 15 minutes. It is like a one room thing with a semi wall down the middle to make it into two rooms. Still fun but not a half day activity or anything.
Looking at a bunch of fossils.


Then we headed over to the Art Museum on campus. No pics in there obviously. We didn't stay long, pretty sure he thought it was super boring. And we were the only ones in there and the security guard was following us so we left.
Then we walked across campus to the Planetarium building. I know it has a real name, I just don't know what it is. Tanner had never seen the 2 liter bottle thing. I remember doing it in like 1st grade or something. I did it like 6 times before we left.
This was like an illusion dollar bill. The planetarium movie wasn't playing but in the lobby they had all these fun activities to do.


Like I said before, we went to a water park like every night. We went to Scera and Veteran's Memorial. Tanner voted Veteran's to be more fun because the water slides are enclosed.

I tried getting pictures but I couldn't see when they were coming and then it was too late.
We have been having a wonderful time. Doing all these fun activities and playing Marble Mania on the Wii. Today we are headed to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. Parade and fireworks tomorrow for the 4th and then to the Zoo on Saturday. I could get use to this... working half days and going and playing the rest of the day:)

2 comments:

Michael and Anita said...

Amber, I don't know what you're talking about--I pose for pictures like that all the time (see our Thanksgiving Point post). :) Ha! :) We had a great time with you guys Sunday. Thanks so much for inviting us! Whoever ran the grill, great job--it was really delicious! :)

Williamson Fam said...

How fun, can my parents send me to your house and will you take me to all these fun places? What a great big sister you are....