Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What happens in Vegas... stays in Vegas

Saturday afternoon Eddie and I arrived in Vegas. We learned our room wasn't going to be ready for a few hours, so we headed to the pool. Weird thing was, on our way to the pool there are some time share sales people. They asked us if we were married, we said yes, and then she said...To each other? Eddie and I looked at each other like what kind of question is that? To which the lady responded...you are in Vegas I have to ask. Guess that is what we get for vacationing in SIN city.

After the pool we went to the sports bookie lounge to watch the BYU game since our room still wasn't ready. Oh my gosh do those places smell like cigarette smoke. After checking in and getting settled in our room we headed out for the strip.
These were taken in the Venetian.
Then we headed to the MGM...I guess I should mention we bought a 3 day monorail pass. Even with that our legs felt like noodles by the end of the day. At MGM we saw the lion exhibit. They were playing with each other and then laid down for a little R&R.
I actually never went in NY NY, but I think Eddie did on our last day. While I was laying out at the pool. We stopped at The Cheesecake Factory for dessert before heading back to our hotel on our first night in Vegas.
The next morning my parents arrived. It was kind of funny how it all worked out. Eddie and I had been planning this trip for a few weeks and the day we bought our plane tickets I was talking to my mom. I was explaining to her that we were going to Vegas for a little get away. When she realized her and my dad would be there as well for a business trip. We had a fun time. My parents stayed at the Wynn, a 1,000 times better than our Sahara hotel. ugh. Kind of white trashy, but then again I have been told I have high standards.

This picture is of the entrance to the Wynn pool. The landscaping was so pretty. I didn't take any other pictures at the pool, cause who wants to see me in a bathing suit. We spend most of Sunday afternoon at the pool, ordering virgin drinks...while the cocktail girl looked at us crazy for not ordering alcohol.
Then later that night we headed to the buffet at the Wynn. Expensive but worth it. Look at those crab legs. They were huge and they were cut in half, so no work. Just pull out and dip in butter. And they had the best cocktail shrimp.
I tried a few other things, but I ate at least 2 pounds of crab and probably a pound of shrimp. The finished product. Just a word of advice...the claws were more work than the legs.
This was the view from my parents room. Lucky, guess this is what we have to look forward to when we have real jobs and aren't students anymore. Our room at our hotel faced a parking lot with the garbage dumpsters.
My mom and Eddie watching some light show from the room.
My dad out cold after the buffet. They had a double window room. Pretty at night, bright in the morning.
On Monday while my dad had to work, my mom and I hit the pool again and lived the high life. I could lay out by a pool and have someone bring me drinks and food any day. While mom and I got some rays Eddie hit up the strip, I was so done walking by then. These pictures are from him roaming the strip.

O.k. that wasn't very many...ha! About mid afternoon the cloud started rolling in, so mom and I changed to join Eddie. When we walked outside it was a down pour. You can't tell from the sky, but if you look at how wet the ground is you can see. There were all these tourist, I think from Europe that looks so mad it was raining on there vacation. We just ran thru the rain. And I have a confession, I did something disgusting. I took my flip flops off and ran so I wouldn't slip or fall in the rain. My bare feet touched the ground...I felt like I was walking barefoot in a public restroom. O.k. I feel better I have that off my chest.
We went and looked at the aquarium...wasn't really worth getting soaked for, but mom wanted to show Eddie since he had never seen it.
If you look under the W of the Wynn...go three levels down...all the way to the left....that was my parents room. The Wynn is so nice, no wonder it is so expensive to stay there. Fresh flowers everywhere.
We had a great time, even though my vote was for Disneyland. It was a great get away and Eddie and I had fun.

7 comments:

vanessa said...

Haha! I just have to say that was a really funny post. I loved the hotel view comparison, your barefeet confession, and your sly remark at the end that you voted for Disneyland. Very nicely done! :) Miss ya!

Jennifer Lee said...

Loved the vacation report--sounds like a great time!

Keith and Nicci said...

Amber, you never cease to make me laugh! Sounds like a fun weekend, and glad you guys did all that stuff on the strip because once you have kids, they are not so welcome on the strip all the time... speaking from experience in the past few weeks:)

Tyler V said...

SO FUN! You are hilarious, you should vacation more often so we could enjoy your travel diaries! Miss you guys!

Aislinn said...

how funny about someone asking if you were married to each other....virgin drinks. And I too could live next to water and have someone bring me drinks all day. One day it WILL happen. :) Glad you had a fun time!

Williamson Fam said...

Looks like you guys had fun, and that crab looks so good, i want some so bad right now....

The Francis' said...

Wow, sounds like you guys had a great time; that's wonderful! We haven't been to Vegas in a while, But would also love to go to Disneyland, last time I was pregnant.
-Janel