Thursday, November 5, 2009

felt flowers

can you believe it?
finally something besides emi
for a long time now...
i have been wanting to try making felt flowers
now if i can just figure out the whole headband thing.
i have heard you use the legs of infant tights.
i've tried that but the width is huge on her head.
any suggestions?

this is my favorite.
probably because it is pink and green.

this was the first one i made.
now i'm off to work on a red glitter one to match her x-mas dress.
maybe i will put it on here when i am done.
depends on how much longer her nap lasts.

Update: a few more
the x-mas one is obviously the red one.
i plan to use a thin black headband.
if you get an x-mas card from us...
expect to see our cutie with it on

8 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

So cute, how come i didnt get any crafty genes, pisses me off...

DT Stevens said...

Those are so dang cute! I just made some chiffon ones I should post also. So fun to have girls isn't it!?

Aislinn said...

Cute! Funny, I did the same thing today....made felt flowers, although slightly different. Maybe if I ever updated my blog I could post a few pix of the ones I made. Blog updates soon. Maybe. :)

Ali said...

Those are so cute! Did you get a pattern from somewhere or just make it up (if you just made it up...a tutorial, please?)

Kimberly Ann said...

Amber those are adorabl! directions pleeeaaazzzz! Have you thought of using those crochet looking headbands? you can buy 'em online....google it! :)

Brian and Jessica Quigley said...

Oh How I Wish and Hope my next one is a GIRL!

Emily Lynn said...

Love them! I clicked on the link and will make some too (someday when I have time)! Did you enlarge the image at all before you printed??

Kara & Levi said...

I love the yellow and brown one! I want to copy one...