Sunday, August 31, 2008

Alicia and Roger's Wedding

Ready for picture overload?
So Gma and I left Friday morning for Twin Falls. I didn't take any pictures on the way up or back...safe driving...Gma checked with me every few minutes to see if I was driving the speed limit.

Once we arrived in Twin Falls I made my way to Jerome, one city over where the reception was taking place. I have never been in the " sticks" before. This is what the main road looked like, but further down there was a house every few miles or so. Very pretty, but lonely at the same time.
Here are some pictures of the reception for those of the family that couldn't make it. I am glad I was able to show up early in the day because there was a lot of work to be done. This is the table where the cheesecake was, so yummy!
This was the seating, obvious. I hung those floating light things. I think they turned out cute.
This was the book signing table. It was a double reception, that was a surprise for me. As I was helping decorate I was like who's this person? It turned out cute and good way to kill two birds with one stone.
I couldn't believe she brought my family sign I made for her. She said she loves it, so that is a good sign. I really liked the black sign on the chair, guess it was custom made by a family friend.
Each of the couples had a table that displayed a slide show among other things. I really liked that quilt. Maybe that will be something I try next with my crafty fingers.
This was literally on the other side of the fence of the reception. Oh, I guess I should mention the reception was the night before the wedding. Roger's family raises dairy cows and no I didn't get to milk one like I wanted to. You could tell who the "city" people were...trying to swat away the nats and flies, while the country folk laughed at us.
Another funny thing was, the drinks served were water and a limeade with mint leaves. And most of the "country folk" wouldn't take any of the cups that had leaves. Finally one of Roger's brothers joked about getting there daily greens in. It was a fun time.
The two brides.
This was at the luncheon the next morning. This was the wedding party table. We each had to stand and say how were were related to the wedding party.
I got to sit next to these two cuties.
Alicia in the blue visiting with people.
In between the luncheon and the sealing we hung out at the mall and watched people jump off the bridge.
This is where they landed. Way far down there.
The LDS Twin Falls temple.
Waiting for the bride and groom to come out.

More waiting. There's Eddie's gma in the hot pink outfit.
Trying to be artistic with my photography.
The happy couple!!


5 comments:

terrah said...

Thanks so much for posting the pictures! I used some of them for my blog too. It was fun to see you!

Williamson Fam said...

How exciting for them, looks like you had a great time!

Michelle said...

Fun pictures! Weddings are great!

Instead of living south of campus like we used to, we now live in Wymount. It was one of the only places we could find that doesn't require a 12 month lease (since we're moving again in December after we graduate we needed a month to month contract). We are liking it...mostly because of the awesome outside play area and grass they have for Luke to run around in!

Now that I'm in my second trimester I feel much better...those first 2 months were pretty rough. We're excited that we get to find out what we're having in about 4 weeks...I'll let you know! :)

Hope you are doing good...talk to you later. :)

Alicia and Roger said...

Amber! Thanks for posting pictures. I got to see things that I didn't notice... because my head was spinning. You're great. I'll be making you dinner real soon.

Emily said...

I love all your crafts and showing how you do them. I am wondering if you can post how you made the family sign with Families are Forever on it. I would love to make one for my family!