Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Gma's Hambuger Sanwiches

These are my all time favorite thing Gma cooks. The recipe is way easy, oh wait...there isn't a real measurable recipe. Recipes are for the weak. Kidding, kidding. There is an actual recipe but I don't use it.

Ingredients you'll need: 1 pound of ground beef, small onion (diced), one small jar of pimentos(comes diced), small can of chopped olives and lots of cheese. I'd say like 3 cups of sharp shredded cheese is the best. Oh and chili powder, I don't know how much. A tablespoon?

First you brown the meat and onions. I use half of a small onion because I feed a picky eater.
Add chili powder to cooked meat. I don't measure, but I think it is around 1 tablespoon. Mix into meat and let it sit, I guess that is called simmer.

Then add the jar of pimentos and the can of chopped olives, like so.

Mix all together. Taste it if you want. But I think it taste best with.....

CHEESE!!! Add your 3 cups or so of cheese. I think the recipe only calls for 16oz/1 pound of shredded cheese, but cheese is my favorite food and so I add a lot more.

So...usually you have it on a hogie roll or a hamburger bun, or I have even had it on a hot dog bun. But I guess some kind of bread. All I had was sliced bread and I thought that would be ghetto to "show". So, I just put some in a rubbermaid thing and heated it for like 15 seconds to melt the cheese.
When having it on a hogie roll, or hamburger bun. There are two ways to cook it. The way Gma does it, which is... preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Wrap the sandwich in foil. Put on cookie sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Or another way... if I am short on time, but it doesn't taste as good. Wrap in wax paper, or don't wrap the sandwich at all and put in the microwave for 30 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

OOH i love these, i think i'm going to make them for our family dinner here in 2 weeks...Yummy

Darm Family said...

Love those.

Taryn Gray said...

Amber -

Hey I finally caught up with the rest of the world and started a blog. i just thought i would share it!

taryn-andrew.blgospot.com

Hope all is well...

Taryn