Saturday, November 15, 2008

I heart craft shows!

I'm a sucker for craft shows. I go thinking, oh I can get such great ideas. If I just buy 'it' then I can duplicate it and then, I never do. If I didn't blog stalk I would have never found out about this awesome event. I was excited to see the first location was right near my work. So, on Friday after work I headed over to Noah's. Oh man, I wish I didn't live on a budget. I could have bought one of everything there. I really wanted one of these...but I was on a budget, but you should see my car, I need one.
I got these...for baby E. I didn't think until I left, about the brown clashing with her brown or pretty much black hair she will have, probably. I'm guessing she won't be a blonde bombshell, like my niece. But I fell in love with the little pearl I think. They are made from felt and I think I can duplicate them, I think. They are tiny...no bigger than a quarter. I'm banking on all this heart burn I've been having, that she will have some hair to clip. Which by the way...I think I figured out what is causing all the heart burn even with heart burn medicine. Artificial sugar!! So much for gusher, foot by the foot, slurpees and fruit snacks.
And then I got this! I will have to take an updated picture when it is out of the wrapping. We will actually be home this Christmas, my parents are coming and I am so excited!! Which leads me to ask...are you a real or artificial Christmas tree person? I am totally a real tree kind of girl but Eddie wants to put up our fake one. Ugh! We'll see...Oh and I am so excited to finally put up my Willow Tree Nativity Scene. I have no idea which parts I am still missing because I have never been home for Christmas to set it up. I did know I was missing the stars, so we stopped by the BYU bookstore the other night, not planning on getting anything. But they were having their annual 20% everything in the store from 5-9p.m. that night and the Nativity stuff was 20% and then the additional 20% for that night. So I picked up the stars...originally $18, I got them for $12.

Back to Oh Sweet Sadie... And then I almost bought the Tinkerbell of these. My mom loves Tinkerbell, but they were $5 each and I figured my mom wouldn't wear it in her hair, ha! They even had Elmo, but I was on a budget and didn't get it like I wanted to.

After my fun trip to the craft show I swung by and picked gma up for our GNO...girl's night out...that is what we tell gpa so he doesn't invite himself. Gma read the book for book group and has anxiously been waiting to see this since. I am more of the type to watch the movie then read the book, so there are no disappointments. I am excited to go to the library to pick this baby up. I loved the movie.

I think it was Thursday, the BYU girl's soccer team made the NCAA tournament and it was hosted here. These pictures are from the first game, they won 2 to 0 but today lost in a penalty kick shoot out thing. They were so close to scoring in the double OT game but didn't. They did an awesome job though and it was fun to get out and do something.
I am thankful for digital camera's. I am sure if we were still in the film era, this is what half of my pictures would look like. At least it was mostly Eddie and not my no makeup ugly mug!

Eddie tearing up our tickets so he can make confetti for when they score.
Celebrating their win, from the first game. The lose was actually kind of awkward at the end today. I think because every one's emotions were up from almost scoring and then such a disappointing lose. Oh well, you win some and lose some.

6 comments:

Christina said...

I wish I was as crafty as you, you always have such cute stuff. I hope your heartburn gets better with cutting out the artifical sweetener.

Christina

Aislinn said...

E? Do you have a name picked out? O try to stay away from the craft shows completely

I am definetly a real tree kinda gal but they aren't the cheapest things so we have had a fake tree more often than a real one.

I too am excited to set up my Willow tree nativity set...I got my entire set for almost 60% off when I worked at Hallmark a few christmas seasons ago.

Tyler V said...

Tyler's all about real trees and I really don't care. The lure of crafts is strong with you...I love the little clips (and you can always clip them onto a headband if your little girl doesn't have hair). Good luck with the heartburn. I HATE that (but I've had less with the boys, so good luck in the future!)

Tams Family said...

I can't go to craft shows either because I end up wanting to buy or do all of those things and usually don't end up making a finished product. I have lots of half-done things around the house. Good luck with the heartburn! And way to go on your test Eddie!

Dayna said...

those crafts look awesome! how fun! I, as well, wish that we don't live on a budget because those things looked awesome! How fun for you!

The Ballard Family said...

I totally get heartburn too and Tums just do NOT cut if for a pregnant lady! Anyway, good luck with that. I usually end up taking something for it. P.S. I don't eat artificial sweetener.

Just so you know that pic of half of you and half of Eddie pretty much sums up how my life as a kid was documented. My parents are not photographers to say the least!

Oh, and I'm so not feeling sorry for the girl on a "budget" who just went to Hawaii! ;)