On Wednesday night Eddie and I decided to go get ourselves a real life Christmas tree. Yes, he caved...I batted my eye lashes and told him that by Christmas next year baby E will be like 9 months old and that this year would be like the only year to have a real one, that she will be crawling around...and blah blah blah...I said what I needed to say to get my way :)
We decided to go out to eat before tree hunting and during our dinner conversation we decided that the artificial tree is just fine and that we should just donate the money we would have spent on a tree to some organization. We haven't decided which one yet...but I have been practicing my puppy dogs eyes and batting of the eyelashes so we pick the charity I want. He wants to do the whole angel tree thing but I want to do this third world country charity thing...we'll see.
I thought this picture was funny...reminded me of a tangled necklace. These are my back up ornaments in case the tree looked nakie. Growing up Eddie got a ornament every year...so thanks to that we actually have ornaments. Then also as a tradition, where ever we go we get an ornament.
We decided to go out to eat before tree hunting and during our dinner conversation we decided that the artificial tree is just fine and that we should just donate the money we would have spent on a tree to some organization. We haven't decided which one yet...but I have been practicing my puppy dogs eyes and batting of the eyelashes so we pick the charity I want. He wants to do the whole angel tree thing but I want to do this third world country charity thing...we'll see.
I thought this picture was funny...reminded me of a tangled necklace. These are my back up ornaments in case the tree looked nakie. Growing up Eddie got a ornament every year...so thanks to that we actually have ornaments. Then also as a tradition, where ever we go we get an ornament.
Here's the tree all set up. It was kind of funny. Friday night we decided to set up the tree. When I looked at the clock it was 8:45...we set it up...plugged it in...put on ornaments...tried out our new star to put on top...which is going back to the store....it makes the tree bend like a charlie brown Christmas tree, totally bending it to one side. I thought that 'didn't take too long'...looked at the clock...and it was still 8:45. When I checked the time it was really 11:15, the battery was dead!! Nothing like some late night decorating.
1 comment:
Looks great, i wish i could put our gifts uner the tree, but with the kids that won't be happening..
Post a Comment