Monday, December 3, 2007

FHE with the singles

It's the first Monday of the month and that means we have the singles over. Each group consists of 25 single adults. On Sunday night Eddie got a call from one of the group leaders for directions. Less than 30 minutes later another group leader called for directions. Eddie gets off the phone is like ut-oh...I think 2 groups are coming tomorrow. My first thought is great!?! I have to make dessert for 50 people!?! What the heck am I going to make? Then I thought...not so great, how are we going to fit everyone. So, I thought homemade oreos would be easy, but then I thought...um that is 100 cookies. I asked my friend Loriann from work and she gave a great idea. Cobbler!! The recipe she gave me was so easy and EVERYONE loved it. Thanks Loriann!!

(Pre-oven)

(Post-oven...cherry, obviously)

(Post-oven...apple)


This is how easy it is: In a 9X13 pan pour 2 cans of pie filling (I did two cobblers, cherry and apple). On top of the filling crumble one box of yellow cake mix. Then melt one cube of butter and drizzle over cake mix. Bake in oven 25 minutes at 350 degrees, or until golden brown on top.

The lesson was on how we can be missionaries in our everyday lives and then we played Christmas song charades. We were a tight fit but I think everyone was comfortable. Every seat was taken, there were some on the floor, a few on the stairs, a few on the table and a few standing.

Separated into groups to play Christmas Song charades, one in the living room, one in the dining room and one group in the kitchen. Looked like a lot of fun, if you like charades.

No comments: