
I lucked out this year!! I got some cute shelf sitters, which are at Gma and Gpa's...since I don't have a mantle and they do. Cookies, chocolates, candied nuts, chocolate covered macadamian nuts straight from Maui, a loaf of bread from Kneader's and a $50 gift card to Olive Garden...so excited!! I love their seafood Alfredo....yummm....o.k. sorry...besides the point.
Here is the recipe to make the fancy oreos:
pack of MINT double stuffed oreos
2 bags of white chocolate chips
red and green sprinkles...or whatever kind your heart desires
Melt 2 bags of white chocolate chips in microwave...read directions on back. Dip oreo in white chocolate, cover completely. I used a toothpick at first to dip, then I used my hands because the oreos kept separating. Place dipped oreo in wax paper and then top with sprinkles. Cool in refrigerator until chocolate is hardened.

These were so easy to make. They would be good neighbor gifts...maybe next year!! I actually don't like the mint oreo...reminds me of toothpaste for some reason. Might be from a certain experience I had about 10 years ago....April fools day, my little punk sister gave me an oreo. I took a big ol' bite into it...or I might have just stuffed it all in, I don't remember. Because all I remember was the oreo started to foam. Little punk scrapped off the filling and put toothpaste in between the oreo cookies. I can say it was actually a good April fools joke, not at the time of course!!
Here are a few pics of my favorite brother in-law eating the mint oreos pre-fancied, and his reaction.
Here are a few pics of my favorite brother in-law eating the mint oreos pre-fancied, and his reaction.





1 comment:
Maybe I'll do neighbor gifts like that next year...except with the toothpaste filling. Why does that make me laugh so much? I think that may be my favorite april fools joke. Sorry it permanently ruined mint oreos for you. Hope your Christmas was merry and bright!
Post a Comment