Monday, March 24, 2008

Fruit Dip

I also forgot to mention I made fruit dip for the fruit Gma brought to Easter dinner. The recipe is from her long time BFF Jinny Wakefield. They were neighbors for like 50 years or something like that. O.k. I don't really know how long but it was a long time and 50 sounds good.
A few people have asked for the recipe so here you go:

1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding (small)
2 T. orange juice concentrate (frozen)
1 1/2 C. milk
1 C. cool whip

You just mix it all together. I did it in the kitchen aid but Gma does with a hand mixer. At first I was a little nervous, but don't you worry it thickens right up. Well like 5 minutes later.

This can be served with a fruit tray, or I have made it with a mixed fruit salad and layered it on the top. And technically you can make it sugar fee for diabetics like Gma. Also less calories...but who's counting after all those Cadbury mini eggs, jelly beans and chocolate bunnies?

No comments: